Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Hello! Why does my monitor go black when I play Mafia 2 or Batman Arkham Asylum?

I have an ATI radeon hd 4800 series and when I play Batman Arkham Asylum or Mafia2 the monitor just wents black and the No Video Input sing appears. Is it because of my video card?Hello! Why does my monitor go black when I play Mafia 2 or Batman Arkham Asylum?
Could be that that is the problem, or even the graphic card is to slow.



+Hello! Why does my monitor go black when I play Mafia 2 or Batman Arkham Asylum?
Hello Mad.... If you haven't updated your drivers for your video card do so first.



OK does this happen with any other games you play? If not, then turn down your desktop resolutions settings with-in your Catalyst Control Center and then turn down your graphic settings in your game video settings to match it and see how it runs then.



I have a HD 4890 running on one of my PCs and I play high graphic games with video settings high with no issues on that rig.



Do you get any blue screens while playing or does your monitor just go blank? If it just goes blank then check to make sure your video card seated correctly (pull out your video card and reinstall it). Also make sure all your 6pin power connections are connected properly to your video card. Tip: Prior to reinstalling your video card. Use an eraser on a pencil to clean the brass colored contacts on your video card by lightly running the eraser over the contacts.



Check to make sure your CPU fan is working and the heat-sink hasn't been knocked around to the point that it is not seated correctly.



If you are using Win7, then try this...set your desktop background to Windows default theme and trying playing the game again. I know this sounds odd, but it has worked for others.



Make sure your power supply is at least 450w if not higher. I personally use nothing less than 600w for my machines and any custom rigs that I build for clients.



Also makes sure you have all patches and updates downloaded and installed for both your games.



GL :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment